Petrocosmea

Petrocosmea
Flowers of Petrocosmea nervosa

Monday 15 November 2010

Looking Good

Well all were looking good when I went around watering earlier. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make Spring come. My African Violets that are under lights which were borrowed from my daughter are certainly looking better. It was very cold here last night -2C. The Av's in the conservatory under a large grow light that lights up the whole street are looking good too. I have a few Petrocosmea leaves in that grow stand too. Also have Sinningia seeds growing well in an old ice cream container. Streptocarpus leaves that were put down also in ice cream tub are starting to show bunny ears and are lovely and green. A couple were lost I think I let them dry out too much. It is a very fine line between keeping them just moist and too wet. I always start off by just putting them in the soil mix and enclosing them I never add any water until about 3 or 4 weeks from putting them down. I am still trying to get some seed pods on my Av's. I think I will stop looking so often then perhaps one day I may get a nice surprise :) Streptocarpus seem so easy to get seed pods from I have a lovely Cape Baby that has about 5 pods on without even doing anything. I love that Streptocarpus as the flowers change colour as they mature so you get several different shades on the same plant at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment